The City of Detroit in conjunction with Lorcan O’ Herlihy Architects (LOHA) will develop a comprehensive neighborhood plan for Russell Woods and Nardin Park.
This neighborhood plan will recognize part of our framework strategy and protect a residential neighborhood within Russell Woods/ Nardin Park boundaries. The framework plan will highlight and protect the character of the neighborhoods future development.
The Neighborhood Framework Plan will:
- Create the potential to maintain historic distinctive character in neighborhoods
- Promote active pedestrian-friendly streets
- Support reuse of existing residential and commercial buildings
- Promote retention of affordable housing
- Establish a conservation overlay to enhance historic character
- Enhance and improve neighborhood open space
- Improve streetscape and access to transportation
In collaboration with neighborhood residents and community organizations, this plan will produce guidelines and recommendations to improve the quality of life for residents while also:
- Preserving existing housing and fortifying historic preservation of existing housing stock
- Looking at ways to provide diversity of housing options
- Elevating economic vibrancy along the Dexter/ Davison Corridor
- Improving landscape and open space areas through a plan that addresses neighborhood connectivity to greenways and parks
Project Lead: Briana Mason
Project related emails can be sent to: RussellWoods_Nardin_Park@detroitmi.gov
The City of Detroit invites you to participate in efforts to
preserve and restore your neighborhood.