In an effort to further develop Mayor Duggan's commitment to neighborhoods, the City of Detroit's Planning and Development Department (PDD) has embarked on new community planning initiatives in several Detroit neighborhoods, including Islandview, West Village, Indian Village, and East Village.
The City of Detroit is mobilized to create a neighborhood strategy and implementation plan for Detroit's lower east side. The scope of work will incorporate the following categories
- Landscape Design and Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Streetscape and Neighborhood Connectivity
- Development: Economic, Housing, and Historic Preservation
- Zoning Assessments
Our planning team, which includes Detroit-based firm Smith Group JJR, will harness the extensive past planning and implementation work of neighborhood organizations and their partners to build a comprehensive vision for the community.
Please contact Maria Galarza at: email@example.com or call: (313) 749 - 8819
Sign-up for Updates and Reminders
Community meetings will be held in March, May, August and September. In April we attended meetings of existing community-based organizations to gather feedback from residents about the planning scopes. We encourage residents to plug in to community organizations.
To provide additionaly comments please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project kickoff meetings were held in March, with the same presentation delivered at three locations across the project area. You can download the presentation here. In May, the City held two meetings to listen and capture resident's ideas and concerns. A summary of the comments received can be found here.
March Meetings - Download the Summary Here
- Tuesday, March 14 @ Butzel Recreation Center Hosted by West Village Association & Eco-D - Feedback Map
- Tuesday, March 21 @ Genesis Lutheran Church Hosted by GenesisHOPE - Feedback Map
- Tuesday, March 23 @ Southeastern High School Hosted by City of Detroit - Feedback Map
May Meetings - Download the Summary Here
Thursday, May 18 @ Gleaners Community Food Bank
Saturday, May 20 @ Capuchin Soup Kitchen
Latest August Meeting - Download the Presentation HERE
- Thursday, August 17 @ Solanus Casey Center
Check back here for more details about time and agendas. We look forward to seeing you at future meetings. Please share with your neighbors!