In an effort to further develop Mayor Duggan's commitment to neighborhoods, the City of Detroit's Planning and Development Department (PDD) has embarked on new community planning initiatives in several Detroit neighborhoods, including Islandview, West Village, Indian Village, and East Village.
The City of Detroit is mobilized to create a neighborhood strategy and implementation plan for Detroit's lower east side. The scope of work will incorporate the following categories
- Landscape Design and Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Streetscape and Neighborhood Connectivity
- Development: Economic, Housing, and Historic Preservation
- Zoning Assessments
Our planning team, which includes Detroit-based firm Smith Group JJR, harnesses the extensive past planning and implementation work of neighborhood organizations and their partners to build a comprehensive vision for the community.
Questions? Please contact Maria Galarz or Sara Bendit at: email@example.com
Save the date! We will be holding a series of community meetings over the coming weeks to hear feedback and share progress on the planning process. Future meeting will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 14 @ Butzel Recreation Center Hosted by West Village Association & Eco-D
- Tuesday, March 21 @ Genesis Lutheran Church Hosted by GenesisHOPE
- Tuesday, March 23 @ Southeastern High School Hosted by City of Detroit
Check back here for more details about time and agendas. We look forward to seeing you at these meeting. Please share with your neighbors!