Recreation Center Policies:
- A valid membership is required to participate in all programs/activities. Please check with the Center for the days and times Membership Cards are issued.
- Children and teens must be engaged in staffed activities to remain at the Recreation Center. Wandering around, being in un-chaperoned areas, and loitering is forbidden.
- Respect for center property and staff is MANDATORY!
- For safety reasons remember that all gym activities for all ages require proper gym attire: gym short, shirt, and gym shoes. Please send a lock with your child to be used each day. Locks must be removed each day from the lockers.
- The City of Detroit, Department of Recreation is not responsible for any lost stolen or damaged items.
- Everyone must have a membership card to swim. Please be prepared to present it when you sign-in.
- Swim items needed: Swim suit or trunks with a lining, soap, towel, and a lock.
- Everyone must take a soap shower in the nude before entering the pool.
- SWIM ATTIRE MUST BE CARRIED INTO THE CENTER. Swimsuits cannot be worn under clothing (Health Department Rule). No cut-off swimsuits, body suits, halter tops, or gym shorts can be worn in the swimming pool.
- ALL POOL VISITORS MUST HAVE A LOCK FOR LOCKERS!
- Family Swim is for adults and children together. All children must be accompanied by an adult and all adults must bring children in order to participate.
- ALL POOL VISITORS MUST HAVE A LOCK FOR LOCKERS!
- NO glass in locker rooms.
- NO food or drink is allowed in the locker room.
- Locker rooms are gender specific, only children under the age of 3 are allowed in the locker room of the opposite sex. Children over the age of 3 are placed in the same sex locker room with adult supervision. If there is need for a special accommodation please contact the center supervisor.
- All items brought into the locker room must be stored in a locker during class.
- Do not leave anything unattended at any time in the locker rooms.
- Physical and verbal boundaries are to be respected. Personal space and words must reflect a level of respect that honors individual rights. Running, and standing on benches is not allowed.
- The City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal property.
- Lockers are to be used for legitimate purposes only.
- Please report the presence of suspicious individuals in the locker room to staff.
- For the privacy of everyone, use of cell phones or cameras of any kind is prohibited in the locker room.
- All lockers are the property of the City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department.
- Caution: Wet floors in the locker room may be slippery.
- Please watch your step.
- Please report any facility problems and/or injuries to the staff immediately.
- The City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department staff reserves the right to check lockers to resolve safety/security concerns.
- Everyone will be notified should this occur.
- You must remove all of your items in lockers/locker room when you leave the facility, if items are left they will be kept for two (2) weeks and then discarded.
- Personal locks may not be left on lockers overnight.
- The City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to refuse locker room access to any individual who uses these services in a manner that is unsafe, unhealthy, or inappropriate.
Use of Detroit Parks & Recreation Department Recreation Centers is available for City of Detroit residents and non-residents.
City of Detroit residents may receive the resident membership rate by presenting two forms of identification to establish Detroit residency. Annual membership is valid for one year (January – December). Please present your membership card at the front desk each time you visit the facility. A $5 daily drop-in fee will be assess-ed when a membership card is not presented. Replacement cards may be purchased for $5. All guests must complete and sign a membership application. Participants 17 years and younger must have the membership application signed by a parent or legal guardian before being issued a membership card.
The Detroit Parks & Recreation Department is committed to keeping its membership fees lower than the industry standard. We will offer a full refund if requested the same day of paid membership otherwise no refund will be granted (one time courtesy).
The Detroit Parks & Recreation Department will offer a full refund if requested within three (3) days of signing up for a class(es) otherwise a 20% processing fee will apply. However, if class has begun no refund will be given but a full credit in the amount of the class/program/activity (less the number of class attended) will be given towards any other program or class within the same calendar year.
C. Facility/Field Reservations
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and must be submitted 14 days prior to the start of event.
- To guarantee room(s) reservation full payment is due at time of approval.
- Organizations/Individuals may cancel event up to 3 days after payment and but prior to the date of the event to ensure a full refund. Cancellation after 3 days will be refunded according to the below refund scale:
# of days after payment
> 3 or <= 7
> 7 or <= 14
No refund issued
Refund may take up to 60 days and will be issued to the organization/individual name on the receipt.
Tentative Schedule---Be sure to check bulletin board, signs and outdoor display DAILY for changes.