All athletes and spectators must register in person or by mail at the Detroit Parks & Recreation Department | 18100 Meyers Rd. – Upper level | Detroit, MI on or before Friday, May 25, 2018 between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Otherwise, athletes and spectators may register On-Site, June 11 for Monday events only and June 12 – 13, 2018 for all other events.
Spectator include event refreshment; Athlete and VIP Spectator include event refreshment, bag, t-shirt and other promotional items.
Men and women at least 50 years old by December 31.
All athletes must check in 10 minutes prior to the start of the event or forfeit.
Event times are subject to change (without notice). The Detroit Senior Olympics reserves the right to cancel or postpone individual events due to inclement weather.
No changes to rosters/registration will be accepted after May 25, 2018.
- -No DSO Registration Packets will be mailed or held after July 10, 2018.
- -NO REFUNDS
Registration Packet Pick-up: Friday, June 6, 7 | 10 am – 4 pm | Northwest Activities Center | 18100 Meyers Rd ~ Space 1 * June 12 | 10 am – 5 pm | Williams Recreation Center | 8431 Rosa Parks Blvd. * June 13 | 8 am – 2 pm | Adams/Butzel Complex | 10500 Lyndon
Detroit Senior Olympics Photo Release & Waiver Liability:
All participants are advised to consult with their doctor before competing in the Detroit Senior Olympics (DSO). My signature below indicates I have read this form in its entirety and understand that my participation in the Detroit Senior Olympics events and activities is totally voluntary. Additionally, I acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. My participation in the Detroit Senior Olympics events and activities, including athletic competition, may result in injury. While particular rules, equipment and personal disciplines are put in place to reduce injury, the risk of injury still exist.
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks and agree to hold harmless the City of Detroit, the Detroit Parks & Recreation Department, their officials, agents, and /or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, owners, and lessees of premises and / or equipment used to conduct the Detroit Senior Olympics.
3. I hereby grant the Detroit Senior Olympics Organizing Committee, my permission to contact the person listed below in the event of an emergency, as well as authorize a medical doctor to attend to me if it is necessary.
4. I give permission for any photograph, video tape reference or any other form of audio visual record of my participation in the Detroit Senior Olympics, to be use by Detroit Senior Olympics, Detroit Parks & Recreation Department (DPRD), and its sponsors.
5. In providing your email address you agree to receive periodical notification of Detroit Parks & Recreation Department program information.
I have read this Waiver and Release of Liability and assumption of risk agreement and fully understand its terms and sign it freely and voluntarily without inducement.