October 19, 2016
Recent Actions and Events:
- The collection rate increased from 83.22% as of June 30 to 90.48% on August 31.
- The new customer bill format was tested, and feedback was received and utilized from a customer advisory group.
- DWSD customers received a flier about the new bill design included in their recent monthly bill mailing.
- The lead and copper testing initiative exceeded minimum sampling goals with results to be made public this month.
- The Jefferson Chalmers engineering study is complete and will be released soon, and reviews of property damage claims are in process.
- The first public workshop for the Drainage Charge Credit program was today, October 19.
Upcoming Actions and Events (October - November):
- The department will begin using the new bill format in November 2016.
- Notification letters will be mailed soon for industrial customers that will move to the impervious acreage rate for drainage charges as of January 2017.
- DWSD will host a second Drainage Charge Credit Workshop for nonresidential customers on November 9 (residential customer meetings will be held in 2017).
- DWSD employees will volunteer for Angels’ Night on October 30 to patrol neighborhoods, and the department is partnering with the Great Lakes Water Authority staff to conduct a Thanksgiving Food Drive through November 18.
Download the complete report.