September 21, 2016
Recent Actions and Events:
- DWSD took unprecedented steps to assist customers who experienced sewage backups following the July 8 and August 16 rainstorms, which included cleaning and sanitizing 392 basements. Watch the video.
- DWSD Drainage Charge Program team is meeting with customers to verify parcel data for the 22,000 unbilled parcels (less than 10% are church and residential), and the top 100 customers based upon number of acres.
- The lead and copper testing initiative is exceeding minimum sampling goals with results to be complete by September 30.
Upcoming Actions and Events (September - October):
- Customers will receive an insert with their bill illustrating the new format– the new bill layout will be used beginning in November.
- DWSD will release the engineering investigation on the July 8 and August 16 rainstorms, and continue the claims process to meet the 90-day deadline.
- Nonresidential customers with delinquent accounts will receive a dunning letter stating their past due amount will be rolled onto 2017 property tax bill if not paid by October 7, 2016.
- Drainage Charge Credits will launch in October on detroitmi.gov/drainage, and workshop dates and times will be announced soon.
- A Drainage Charge Program notification letter will be mailed to ONLY industrial customers regarding the move to the impervious acreage rate beginning in January (phase three of the program).
Download the complete report.