The City of Detroit has engaged a consultant team to create a comprehensive neighborhood revitalization and landscape stewardship planning strategy for Detroit’s Rosa Parks/Clairmount corridor. The scope of work will incorporate six, neighborhood, and landscape planning categories: Neighborhood identification, streetscape & connectivity, open space, housing, development and the integration with the Herman Kiefer development.
In partnership with neighborhood residents and community organizations, the city has identified several focus areas within the project boundary for potential opportunities. Each area within the planning scope boundary has its own unique set of challenges and opportunities.
The planning strategy will highlight and target the following:
- innovative and sustainable uses for vacant lots and structures
- renovation and future development of homes and businesses
- streetscape improvements such as lighting and signage
- neighborhood identity and branding based on cultural and historic assets
- safe passage for bicycle and pedestrian mobility
- bridging and connectivity over the Lodge Freeway
The City of Detroit and the Department of neighborhoods will engage the community residents, business and property owners, organizations and other stakeholders through participation in Community Forums to capture resident input on neighborhood vision and major topics of focus. The next Forum is on April 6th (5:30‐7:30) at the Walker Williams Recreation Center.
Save the Date! We will be holding a series of community forums over the coming months to hear feedback and share progress on the planning process. The next Forum is on April 6th, 2017 (5:30‐7:30 pm) at the Walker Williams Recreation Center 8431 Rosa Parks Blvd. Detroit, MI 48206. More information about the upcoming meeting is available here. The topic of discussion will address “Where do we want to go?”.
Future meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Thursday, July 13, 2017- Rosa Parks- Clairmount Block Party, Location TBD
Check back here for more details about location, time, and agendas. We look forward to seeing you at these meetings. Please share with your neighbors!
March 9, 2017
- Presentation Live
- Polling Results
- Discussion topic: “How things are now”
April 5, 2017
- Neighborhood Advisory Council
- Herman Kiefer Development
May 11, 2017
- Presentation (see Resources below)
- Community Polling Results
- Discussion topic: “Where do we start?”