- Henry Ford Health System and the Detroit Pistons will collaborate on the design and construction of state-of-the-art training, rehabilitation and sports medicine complex in New Center at 690 Amsterdam Avenue
- The Detroit Pistons will operate a practice facility and training center for their players, as well as offices for their basketball and business operations staffs.
- The project’s cost is estimated at $50million
- Henry Ford Health System will operate a comprehensive sports medicine, treatment and rehabilitation facility in an adjacent building.
- The cost is under the threshold for Tier I Community Benefits Ordinance public review; but the Pistons are interested in becoming good neighbors and a good partner in the community and seek the community’s help and counsel; thereby submitting to the Neighborhood Advisory Council for guidance to mitigate any concerns.
Neighborhood Advisory Council (NAC)
The NAC is charged with advising the developer of concerns within the community impacted by a proposed development. They are the eyes and ears of community concerns on how a development affects their well-being, convenience, and livelihood.
Eligible members must be:
- Residents of the impacted area
- Nominated by residents of the impacted area, and
- At least 18 years of age
The NAC consists of 9 members, who are selected as follows:
- 2 selected by residents of the impacted area
- 4 selected by the City of Detroit Planning and Development Department (with preference given to residents expected to be directly impacted by project)
- 2 selected by the At-Large Council Members1 selected by the local District Council Member whose district contains the largest portion of the Impact Area
Your Pistons Practice Facility Neighborhood Advisory Council
DR. KEN HARRIS – community elected
KATHRYN ROBERTSON – community elected
SARAH JAMES – CM Mary Sheffield appointee
LYNORE V. FOSTER – CM Janee Ayres appointee
AMY RENCHER – PDD Director Cox appointee
MONIQUE DOOLEY – PDD Director Cox appointee
RANDAL BROWN – PDD Director Cox appointee
EZZA BRANDON – PDD Director Cox appointee
DIANE MCMILLAN – CP Brenda Jones Appointee
LEGISLATIVE POLICY LIASION – KIMANI JEFFREY
Thursday, May 25, 2017 - Pistons Practice Facility Public Hearing (Public Notice
Past Meeting Dates
Thursday, April 27, 2017 - Pistons Practice Facility Presentation of Mitigation to NAC
Detroit Pistons Performance Facility and Headquarters Community Benefits Agreement Report