In November 2016 Detroit voters passed Proposal B, a Community Benefits Ordinance that includes different requirements for large-scale and small scale projects.
Tier 1 Projects include $75M in total investment. Including tax abatements or below market-value land transfers. Tier 2 project include $3m of total investment, along with tax abatements or below-market value land transfers.
The Planning and Development Department will use this page to communicate current and ongoing CBO-related activities, with staffing and project management assigned by Design District.
Neighborhood Advisory Council (NAC)
The NAC is charged with advising the developer of concerns within the community impacted by a proposed development. They are the eyes and ears of community concerns on how a development affects their well-being, convenience, and livelihood.
Eligible members must be:
- Residents of the impacted area
- Nominated by residents of the impacted area, and
- At least 18 years of age
The NAC consists of 9 members, who are selected as follows:
- 2 selected by residents of the impacted area
- 4 selected by the City of Detroit Planning and Development Department (with preference given to residents expected to be directly impacted by project)
- 2 selected by the At-Large Council Members
- 1 selected by the local District Council Member whose district contains the largest portion of the Impact Area