The City of Detroit issues Requests for Proposals for the acquisition and development of City-owned property in targeted housing areas. There are currently no open RFPs accepting proposals. Future opportunities will be posted on this page.
Prior development RFPs are below:
The East Riverfront
The City of Detroit allocates funds through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to strengthen public-private partnerships in order to achieve the following goals:
- Produce mixed-use, mixed-income multifamily housing developments in the city's neighborhoods through both new construction and adaptive reuse of existing structures.
- Preserve current affordable housing stock in both public and private sector control and thereby reduce loss of existing well-located affordable housing.
- Develop supportive housing for homeless families, individuals, and veterans.
- Produce infrastructure to support housing, including entitlement-eligible public improvements such as open space, landscaped areas, and related infrastructure near areas of concentrated housing.
- Create a reliable pipeline of these projects for future funding rounds.
The 2017 Notice of Funding Availability and Request for Proposals is available here:
2017 Notice of Funding Availability and Request for Proposals
Targeted Multifamily Housing Areas
Map of Targeted Multifamily Housing Areas
Please refer to the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation regarding which tax incentives might be available for your project:
Forms and Applications