The City of Detroit issues Requests for Proposals for the acquisition and development of City-owned property in targeted housing areas. Future opportunities will be posted on this page.
Current development RFPs accepting proposals are below:
2440 West Grand Boulevard and Adjacent Parcels @2250 W. Grand Blvd. and 2700 Ferry
Located at 31 Woodland Street.
Prior development RFPs are below:
Holcomb School and Old Redford
Former Holcomb School located at 18100 Bentler Street and rehabbed homes in the surrounding neighborhood.
Brush & Watson
The site 1.1 acre vacant site in Brush Park at the corner of Brush St and Watson St (418 Watson).
The site is the former Transfiguation School located at 13300 Syracuse Street.
The project site area is four vacant parcels lining Garfield and John R.
The site of the former Wigle Recreation Center located at 901 Selden Street
The East Riverfront
The opportunity for the community to work hand-in-hand with the City of Detroit and the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy
The project is focused on 100 vacant buildings and 257 vacant lots at once
The City of Detroit allocates funds through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to strengthen public-private partnerships in order to achieve the following goals:
- Produce mixed-use, mixed-income multifamily housing developments in the city's neighborhoods through both new construction and adaptive reuse of existing structures.
- Preserve current affordable housing stock in both public and private sector control and thereby reduce loss of existing well-located affordable housing.
- Develop supportive housing for homeless families, individuals, and veterans.
- Produce infrastructure to support housing, including entitlement-eligible public improvements such as open space, landscaped areas, and related infrastructure near areas of concentrated housing.
- Create a reliable pipeline of these projects for future funding rounds.
The 2018 Notice of Funding Availability and Request for Proposals is available at the link below. Prior years are available under Archives/Reports/Resources.
2018 Notice of Funding Availability and Request for Proposals
Targeted Multifamily Housing Areas
Map of Targeted Multifamily Housing Areas
Please refer to the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation regarding which tax incentives might be available for your project:
Forms and Applications