WIC stands for Women, Infants and Children. WIC is a special food and nutrition program for women, infants and children under age five. The goal of WIC is to promote good health through nutrition and education. It provides food, nutrition education, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health and other needs.
The Breastfeeding Mommies Café is a support group for breastfeeding families that meets on the second Tuesday of every month, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon; held at the following 5 locations:
- Eastside - ACC Harper, 9641 Harper, Detroit, MI 48213
- Midtown - DHD Family Place, 8726 Woodward, Detroit, MI 48202
- Westside - ACC Joy, 8665 Greenfield, Detroit, MI 48228
- Arabic Speaking - ACC 7 Mile, 111 W. 7 Mile, Detroit, MI 48203
- Spanish Speaking - Lawndale, 4880 Lawndale, Detroit, MI 48210
For more information and to view the flyer click Breastfeeding Mommies Cafe.
The WIC program works with Immunizations to help provide shots to all families who need them. WIC staff checks the immunization record of all enrolled infants and children and makes referrals if needed.
For more information, please call (313) 876-4555.