The Detroit Health Department (DHealth) is now accepting applications for the 2017 DHealth Summer Internship Program. This program is designed to give students first hand knowledge of the policies, programs, and partnerships that shape public health. Interns will work directly with one of our Division Directors and their team to complete a project designed specifically to teach the intern about public health while furthering the Department’s goal of creating a healthier Detroit and healthier Detroiters.
Each Division will host its own Summer Intern. A full list of internships, including project descriptions and a link to download each application, is available below.
All applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through 11:59 p.m. March 5, 2017. Instructions for submission are included at the end of each application.
How To Apply:
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS THROUGH 11:59 P.M. MARCH 5, 2017.
Return the completed Intern Application Package, including:
- Application (with all sections completed, including references)
- College transcript (unofficial copy accepted)
- A copy of your CV/Resume
- A cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
How to submit your application (choose one method):
- Scan and Email to NoyesA@detroitmi.gov
- Drop off: Detroit Health Department, 3245 E Jefferson Ave, Suite 100, Detroit, MI 48207 between 8 A.M - 5 P.M.
- Place in envelope marked “Attn: Abby Noyes”
- DO NOT MAIL
Interviews will be scheduled in February and March. Final selections will be made by April 14.