The Detroit Health Department (DHealth) is here to serve, support, and work with you to create a healthier Detroit!
To improve the health and quality of life of Detroiters through innovative public health policy, programs, and partnerships.
A healthier Detroit and healthier Detroiters.
Accountability, Collaboration, Transparency
Detroit Health Department works to improve health in Detroit through a wide range of programs and services, including:
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program
- Lead, Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Food Safety and Restaurant Inspection
- Children’s Special Health Care Services
- 961-Baby Maternal Child Health Referral Hotline
- Safe Sleep and Car Seat Safety Education
- HIV Care, Support and Housing Services
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness
Detroit Health Department also oversees Detroit Animal Care & Control, and works with community organizations and residents on a variety of local public health initiatives.
Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, MD, DPhil
Executive Director & Health Officer
Leseliey Welch, MPH, MBA
Kanzoni Asabigi, PhD, MD, MPH, MBA, CPH
Dr. Joneigh S. Khaldun, MD, MPH