DDOT Senior & Disabled Special Fares Cards
Qualified Senior Citizens, Medicare Cardholders and Mobility Disabled Persons are permitted access to only DDOT’s Fixed-Route Bus Service at a reduced fare of $0.50. Eligible individuals must apply for and receive a Reduced Fares ID Pass Card, in order to ride at the reduced rate.
All applicants meeting one or more of the following criterions are eligible for the Reduced Fares ID Pass Card:
- Senior Citizens: those individuals who are age 65 or older.
- Medicare Cardholders: those individuals who have been issued a Medicare Card under Titles II or XVIII of the Social Security Act (49 USC 401 et seq., 1395 et seq.).
- Mobility Disabled Persons: those individuals who, by reason of illness, injury, age, congenital malfunction or other permanent or temporary incapacity or disability, including those who are non-ambulatory wheelchair bound and those with semi-ambulatory capabilities, are unable without special facilities or special planning or design to utilize mass transportation facilities and services, as effectively as persons who are not so affected.
Reduced Fares Eligibility Guidelines
Eligible Applicants: All transportation disabled persons with any incapacity or disability which results in that person’s inability to perform one or more of the following functions without major difficulty:
- Negotiating a flight of stairs or escalator;
- Boarding or alighting from a standard bus or train
- Standing in a moving bus or train.
Exclusions: All those whose sole incapacity or disability is one of the following
- Any physical, mental or psychological disability or incapacity of less than (30) days.
- Impairment due to drugs or alcohol
- Controlled epilepsy
Download the Reduced Fares Application
To download the Reduced Fares Application, click here. To request a printed application or to obtain further information, contact:
DDOT - Special Services
Reduced Fares, Room 111
1301 East Warren Ave.
Detroit, MI 48207
Applications may also be obtained at one of the following City of Detroit Neighborhood City Hall Offices:
Click here to view the current Neighborhood City Hall Office Locations