Coleman A. Young Municipal Center
2 Woodward Avenue, Suite 333
Detroit, MI 48226
TTY 711 or (800) 649-3777
Department E-Mail: email@example.com
The mission of the Communications & Creative Services Division is to ensure a positive City image by shaping, coordinating and implementing effective communications with the City’s customers -- citizens, businesses, City employees and visitors.
When it comes to communicating information to the City's various customers – residents, businesses and visitors – City departments, the Mayor’s Office and the City Council come to CCSD.DESCRIPTION OF CCSD SERVICES
- Public Relations
- Web Site Design and Editing
- Graphic Design
- Basic Audio/Visual Services
- Total Copy Center
Publicists function similar to account executives in a public relations/advertising firm and are the primary contacts with City departments, the Mayor's Office and City Council.
Each publicist is assigned to several City departments and is responsible for developing and coordinating public relations efforts. When a project requires assistance from other sections in CCSD (as most assignments do), the publicist coordinates the effort.
Publicists carry out a multitude of tasks such as:
- Working with City departments and elected officials to develop communication plans and the materials needed to carry out those plans.
- Writing and editing information and stories for internal and external publications and the City's Web site
- Conducting media relations (writing press releases, arranging and counseling departments concerning news conferences and media interviews and assisting in media buys)
- Arranging special events (parades, ceremonies, etc.)
WEB SITE DESIGN AND EDITING
The Division also is responsible for maintaining the appearance and content of the City's Web site, which is www.detroitmi.gov.
The infrastructure is maintained by the Information Technology Services Department.
CCSD works with departments to develop and update information for the Web site.
The graphics section of the Communications and Creative Services Division is responsible for major art requests for City departments as well as any other creative services needed for the City. Art requests range from something as simple as designing a flyer to something more involved as designing and laying out an annual report.
PHOTOGRAPHY/AUDIO VISUAL SERVICES
The Communications and Creative Services Division has one photographer. This section handles photo services for CCSD, other City departments and elected officials. The photographers also fulfill requests for outside organizations needing photographs from the City. The section also provides basic audio/visual services.
Assignments include ceremonial pictures (groundbreakings and award presentations), photographs for exhibits and displays, news conferences, events and programs and maintaining current portraits of elected officials and department directors.
TOTAL COPY CENTER
The Total Copy Center is located in B-6 (lower level) in the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center.
The Total Copy Center:
- Provides extensive duplicating services for City departments and elected officials.
- Ensures that printed materials produced by City departments for external audiences meet City standards (quality, pertinent information on documents, etc.)
- Handles typesetting requests (business cards, memo pads, stationery, etc.)