Site Navigation

Register A Rental Property

All rental property owners in the City of Detroit must register their rental property and obtain a Certificate of Compliance. The certificate is proof that an inspection was performed at the property and found to be in a safe and habitable condition. Forms can be picked up from the following location:

Buildings, Safety Engineering and Environmental Department (BSE&ED)
Property Maintenance and Zoning Violations
Coleman A. Young Municipal Center
Two Woodward Avenue, Suite 412
Detroit, Michigan 48226