Pre-Sale Inspection Procedures
- A pre-sale application must be filled out and paid for; single family dwelling cost: $295, two family dwelling cost: $355. Note: these fees cover two inspections only (initial and one re-inspection) additional inspections cost $134 each as long as the inspection report is valid.
- Customers must call 313-224-3121 or 313-224-3122 to set up inspections.
- Customers must have the correct property address (street name, number), and correct pre-sale PRE NUMBER.
- When corrections are made and approved by inspector, the owner will receive a Certificate of Approval.
- Deficiencies are required to be corrected. A notice will be mailed to owner within 5 Business days.
- Re-Inspection of property must be scheduled after deficiencies are corrected.
- The appropriate trade inspector must inspect any permit(s) that are required. After inspectors have approved the installations, a Certificate of Approval will be issued to owner within five (5) business days.
- Deficiency notices are valid for six (6) months for vacant properties, and currently occupied dwellings two (2) years when the property is under continuous occupancy by the same owner. There are no provisions in the pre-sale ordinance for deficiency notice extensions.