Requirements To Obtain an Awning Permit
If a contractor is pulling an awning permit they:
- Contractor has to be licensed by the State of Michigan and registered by the City of Detroit as a Sign Erector
- Application has to be approved by Zoning (room 409)
- Three (3) sets of plans has to be provided and approved by Zoning and Structural Division (room 409) and Fire Marshall Department (room 409)
- The approved application has to be processed by the Building Permits Counter (room 402)
- The permit has to be paid the same day that it is processed. The applicant will proceed to the Cashier's station to pay and receive their permit.