1. PRINT OR TYPE ALL INFORMATION ON THE FORMS, except signatures. BLACK INK ONLY. Do not use pencil or red ink. Post Office box numbers are not acceptable for business address.
2. Signatures should be places on lines found at the middle of the form. ALL LISTED OWNERS MUST SIGN THE CERTIFICATE.
3. ALL SIGNATURE MUST BE NOTARIZED. All notaries public must legally sign and print or stamp their name and expiration dates on each certificate; as well as the names of the persons who appeared before the notary.
4. Return all three  copies [original + 2] along with the $23.00 filing fee to:
Cathy M. Garrett, Wayne County Clerk
201 Coleman A. Young Municipal Center
Detroit, Mi 48226
ATTN: Assumed Names
We no longer accept personal checks. PLEASE SEND MONEY ORDERS ONLY. All personal checks will be returned. Make money orders payable to the Wayne County Clerk. Two  certified copies of the certificate will be returned to you after filing.
5. If you change your business address, you must notify this office.
6. If you dissolve your business, you should file a certificate of discontinuance with this office.
7. If there is a change of ownership, a certificate of discontinuance should be filed by the previous owner and the new owner or owners must file a new certificate of assumed name or co-partnership.
8. Forms for change of address of certificate of discontinuance are available at the address listed above