1301 Third Ave., Suite 767-South
Detroit, MI 48226
711 or (800) 649-3777
DETROIT POLICE COMMISSIONERS
Accountability Through Civilian Oversight
Willie Bell - Dist. 4 , Chairperson
Lisa Carter - Dist. 6, Vice Chairperson
Richard Shelby - Dist. 1
Edgar Van, Jr. - Dist. 2
Reginald Crawford - Dist. 3
Willie E. Burton - Dist. 5
Ricardo R. Moore - Dist. 7
Jessica Taylor - Appointed
Donnell R. White - Appointed
Conrad Mallett - Appointed
To increase public confidence in the Detroit Police Department by providing accountability through competent, objective and effective civilian oversight in the following ways:
- Review, evaluation and establishment of Police Department policies, rules and regulations.
- Review and approve Police Department budget.
- Act as final authority in imposing and reviewing discipline of employees of the Department
- Prepare an Annual Report of Police Department activities, including the handling of crime, complaints and of future plans.
- Review and approve Police Department promotions