1301 Third Ave., Suite 767-South
Detroit, MI 48226
711 or (800) 649-3777
DETROIT POLICE COMMISSIONERS
Jessica Taylor, Chairperson
Donnell R. White, Vice Chairperson
Richard Shelby-Dist. 1
Wendell L. Byrd-Dist. 2
Reginald Crawford-Dist. 3
Willie E. Bell-Dist. 4
Willie E. Burton-Dist. 5
Lisa Carter-Dist. 6
Ricardo R. Moore-Dist. 7
To increase public confidence in the Detroit Police Department by providing accountability through competent, objective and effective civilian oversight in the following ways:
- Review, evaluation and establishment of Police Department policies, rules and regulations.
- Review and approve Police Department budget.
- Act as final authority in imposing and reviewing discipline of employees of the Department
- Prepare an Annual Report of Police Department activities, including the handling of crime, complaints and of future plans.
- Review and approve Police Department promotions