|Office of Special Events and Film
Special Events Coordinator
Phone: (313) 224-1606
Fax: (313) 224-4128
TTY: 711 or (800) 649-3777
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The City of Detroit has become a popular place for special events and film and productions. Detroit offers beautiful lakefronts, picturesque landscapes and inviting cultural attractions, matched with an urban flare that can make your project exciting and unique.
Film makers will find the State of Michigan’s 42 percent tax incentive makes Michigan and Detroit one of the most attractive locations for film production across the nation.
Our Mission: The City of Detroit aims to assist production and special events producers with the execution and logistical management of their production. Additionally, the office is positioned to assists with obtaining the necessary City of Detroit permits and departmental clearances.
- Promotes the city as a premier film location
- Coordinates city services needed for pre-production, production and post-production
- Provides logistic support and location services
- Acts as a departmental liaison for production companies seeking to film within the City of Detroit
- Coordinates with the State of Michigan and Wayne County to ensure that productions are benefitting from the state tax incentive and any other additional incentives
Special Events Division:
- Coordinates weekly special event management team meetings with department representatives and petitioners, to review and discuss recommendations for special events to City Council
- Works directly with event coordinators/site managers to coordinate logistics, pre and post production
- Provides access to departments
- Resolves any concerns that may arise during the special event permitting process