Coleman A. Young Municipal
2 Woodward Avenue - Suite 208
Detroit, MI 48226
(313) 224-3101 (office)
TTY: 711 or (800) 649-3777
The mission of the Auditor General is to perform the duties enumerated in the City Charter. These duties include the following:
- Conduct an audit of all City agencies at least once every two years or as otherwise directed by the City Council.
- Report to the City Council on each individual audit.
- Report the financial position of the City as soon as possible after the close of each fiscal year.
- Investigate the administration and operation of any City agency and report findings and recommendations of such investigations.
- Settle all disputed claims against the City to the extent and manner provided by City Ordinance.
- Focus is on improving operations. Collecting what's owed and
calculation of consumption. Making recommendations for reducing the
cost of city operations that ultimately result in better service.
Goals & Objectives
- Automation of working papers.
- Increase in revenue generation or cost saving recommendations.
- Increased number of reports used.
- Use of IT to analyze data.
- Directors direct involvement in each audit.
- Use of CSA techniques in audit process.
- Allow the City to provide more services without requiring additional costs.
- By making recommendations which, if implemented, will reduce cost of providing services to the citizens.
- Assist the City in meeting its four cornerstone goals.
- Improve the effectiveness of the Departments.