Board of Police Commissioners

Site Navigation


Can The Findings Of The Investigation Be Appealed?

If you believe there was an error or omission in the investigation of your complaint, you can request the O.C.I. to review the investigation.  It is important to note however that simply being dissatisfied with the findings in not a sufficient basis for any further action.

In those cases where some error or emission is found, the O.C.I. will investigate that area of concern.  Any questions regarding any aspect of citizens complaints can be answered by calling or writing:

The Office of the Chief Investigator
Police Headquarters
1301 Third Ave., Suite 767-South
Detroit, MI 48226